Museum of ZZT
Welcome to the Museum of ZZT, a site dedicated to the preservation and curation of the many games and worlds created with ZZT.
ZZT is a text-mode game from 1991 created by Tim Sweeney of Epic Games. ZZT has its own editor and scripting language which offers what may still be an unmatched level of accessibility to beginning game developers. A significant number of ZZT worlds were created by authors in their early teenage years, with some being made by children under 10. ZZT's simple ZZT-OOP scripting language gave many a friendly introduction to programming.
The goal of the Museum of ZZT site is to collect these worlds, offer discussions into them and the community built around them, and keep them safely preserved. It is the hope of the Museum that the generally unknown works of ZZT community can be easily discovered and that their importance can be recognized.
Thyer's first ever ZZT world: The story of a witch's anxiety and her sacrificial princess
- Livestream - For Elise (Part 2) by Dr. Dos (Sept. 14, 2019)
- Closer Look: ZZTV 3 by Dr. Dos (Aug. 31, 2019)
- Livestream - For Elise (Part 1) by Dr. Dos (Aug. 30, 2019)
- Closer Look: The Search For The Magic Flamingo by Dr. Dos (Aug. 19, 2019)
- Livestream - Guinea Pig by Dr. Dos (Aug. 10, 2019)
- Livestream - Treasure Island Dizzy ZZT by Dr. Dos (Aug. 5, 2019)
- Closer Look: Dragon Ball Z:Saiyin and Namek Saga by Dr. Dos (July 31, 2019)
- Livestream - November Eve (File A) by Dr. Dos (July 27, 2019)
- Closer Look: Koopo The Lemming Part 2 by Dr. Dos (July 15, 2019)
- Dr. Zeebo reviewed by Agent Orange (4.0 / 5.0)
- Unlimited Maze Works reviewed by Ando (3.5 / 5.0)
- Daedalus' Obelisk reviewed by Ando (5.0 / 5.0)
- November Eve reviewed by Agent Orange (3.0 / 5.0)
- Akim Productions Comedy 24 Hours of ZZT Spring 2001 [Vegetables] reviewed by K
- Faux Amis (v1.01) reviewed by KKairos (4.5 / 5.0)
- Generic reviewed by KKairos (3.0 / 5.0)
- Sisyphus reviewed by Wil (5.0 / 5.0)
- Cowquest 2 reviewed by KKairos (2.0 / 5.0)
- 16 Horribly Boring Games That Will Keep You On The Edge Of Your Chair V2 reviewed by KKairos (1.0 / 5.0)