Museum of ZZT
Welcome to the Museum of ZZT, a site dedicated to the preservation and curation of the many games and worlds created with ZZT.
ZZT is a text-mode game from 1991 created by Tim Sweeney of Epic Games. ZZT has its own editor and scripting language which offers what may still be an unmatched level of accessibility to beginning game developers. A significant number of ZZT worlds were created by authors in their early teenage years, with some being made by children under 10. ZZT's simple ZZT-OOP scripting language gave many a friendly introduction to programming.
The goal of the Museum of ZZT site is to collect these worlds, offer discussions into them and the community built around them, and keep them safely preserved. It is the hope of the Museum that the generally unknown works of ZZT community can be easily discovered and that their importance can be recognized.
- Closer Look: Goldeneye ZZT Demo by Dr. Dos (Feb. 17, 2018)
- Closer Look: Mr. Shapiro Cares Not For Lies by Dr. Dos (Feb. 9, 2018)
- Closer Look Live: The Mercenary by DavidN/Dr. Dos (Jan. 30, 2018)
- Closer Look: Gem Hunter Special Edition 1.5 by Dr. Dos (Jan. 23, 2018)
- Closer Look: 4 by Dr. Dos (Dec. 31, 2017)
- Featured Game: Plankton: Undersea Adventure by Dr. Dos (Dec. 27, 2017)
- Closer Look: Indiana Jones: The Search For King Solomon's Mines by Dr. Dos (Dec. 11, 2017)
- Closer Look: Adventure of Sam by Celine Kalante (Dec. 6, 2017)
- Closer Look: Sewers of ZZT by Dr. Dos (Nov. 30, 2017)
- Closer Look: Sivion by Dr. Dos (Nov. 20, 2017)
- ZZT Syndromes reviewed by Dark-Star88 (5.0 / 5.0)
- Edible Vomit reviewed by Dark-Star88 (4.0 / 5.0)
- Ezanya reviewed by Dark-Star88 (4.0 / 5.0)
- The Maze of No Return reviewed by Dark-Star88 (0.0 / 5.0)
- Ruins of ZZT reviewed by l0nesomer0ad (5.0 / 5.0)
- Lyon reviewed by bitbot (5.0 / 5.0)
- Adventures of Link 2 reviewed by Commodore (5.0 / 5.0)
- The Maze of No Return reviewed by Tom Bowman (0.0 / 5.0)
- StaidSoft Mag #1 reviewed by (4.0 / 5.0)
- Human Extinct reviewed by Tom Bowman (3.0 / 5.0)