Museum of ZZT
Welcome to the Museum of ZZT, a site dedicated to the preservation and curation of the many games and worlds created with ZZT.
ZZT is a text-mode game from 1991 created by Tim Sweeney of Epic Games. ZZT has its own editor and scripting language which offers what may still be an unmatched level of accessibility to beginning game developers. A significant number of ZZT worlds were created by authors in their early teenage years, with some being made by children under 10. ZZT's simple ZZT-OOP scripting language gave many a friendly introduction to programming.
The goal of the Museum of ZZT site is to collect these worlds, offer discussions into them and the community built around them, and keep them safely preserved. It is the hope of the Museum that the generally unknown works of ZZT community can be easily discovered and that their importance can be recognized.
Newt revisits his iconic ZZT horror game and explains just what the heck is going on
- Closer Look: Parallel by Dr. Dos (Sept. 28, 2018)
- Closer Look: Ezanya by Dr. Dos (Sept. 21, 2018)
- Closer Look: Shades Of Gray by Dr. Dos (Aug. 28, 2018)
- ZZT House Hunting by Dr. Dos (Aug. 19, 2018)
- Closer Look: Card Prime by Dr. Dos (July 30, 2018)
- Closer Look: Caves of ZZT by Dr. Dos (July 22, 2018)
- Featured Game: Sixteen Easy Pieces by Dr. Dos (June 29, 2018)
- Sixteen Easy Pieces Walkthrough by Dr. Dos (June 25, 2018)
- Closer Look: Pokemon Twin Pack by Dr. Dos (June 10, 2018)
- Blind reviewed by Dr. Dos
- Nibblin' reviewed by Dr. Dos
- Resident Evil reviewed by Dr. Dos
- Magicland Dizzy reviewed by Dr. Dos
- Barney Hunt reviewed by Dr. Dos
- Shades of Gray reviewed by Celine Kalante (3.5 / 5.0)
- ZZT Syndromes reviewed by Dark-Star88 (5.0 / 5.0)
- Edible Vomit reviewed by Dark-Star88 (4.0 / 5.0)
- Ezanya reviewed by Dark-Star88 (4.0 / 5.0)
- The Maze of No Return reviewed by Dark-Star88 (0.0 / 5.0)