Museum of ZZT
Welcome to the Museum of ZZT, a site dedicated to the preservation and curation of the many games and worlds created with ZZT.
ZZT is a text-mode game from 1991 created by Tim Sweeney of Epic Games. ZZT has its own editor and scripting language which offers what may still be an unmatched level of accessibility to beginning game developers. A significant number of ZZT worlds were created by authors in their early teenage years, with some being made by children under 10. ZZT's simple ZZT-OOP scripting language gave many a friendly introduction to programming.
The goal of the Museum of ZZT site is to collect these worlds, offer discussions into them and the community built around them, and keep them safely preserved. It is the hope of the Museum that the generally unknown works of ZZT community can be easily discovered and that their importance can be recognized.
- Closer Look: Pokemon Twin Pack by Dr. Dos (June 10, 2018)
- Judging The Autumn 2003 24 Hours Of ZZT by Dr. Dos (May 31, 2018)
- Closer Look: Scooter by Dr. Dos (May 23, 2018)
- Closer Look: Angelis Finale by Dr. Dos (May 14, 2018)
- Closer Look: Wasteland by Dr. Dos (April 29, 2018)
- Closer Look: War of ZZT by Dr. Dos (April 23, 2018)
- The Best of ZZT by Dr. Dos (April 4, 2018)
- Ecch! Bugs! Look Out! - Player Clones by Dr. Dos (March 5, 2018)
- Closer Look: Goldeneye ZZT Demo by Dr. Dos (Feb. 17, 2018)
- Closer Look: Mr. Shapiro Cares Not For Lies by Dr. Dos (Feb. 9, 2018)
- ZZT Syndromes reviewed by Dark-Star88 (5.0 / 5.0)
- Edible Vomit reviewed by Dark-Star88 (4.0 / 5.0)
- Ezanya reviewed by Dark-Star88 (4.0 / 5.0)
- The Maze of No Return reviewed by Dark-Star88 (0.0 / 5.0)
- Ruins of ZZT reviewed by l0nesomer0ad (5.0 / 5.0)
- Lyon reviewed by bitbot (5.0 / 5.0)
- Adventures of Link 2 reviewed by Commodore (5.0 / 5.0)
- The Maze of No Return reviewed by Tom Bowman (0.0 / 5.0)
- StaidSoft Mag #1 reviewed by (4.0 / 5.0)
- Human Extinct reviewed by Tom Bowman (3.0 / 5.0)