Museum of ZZT
Welcome to the Museum of ZZT, a site dedicated to the preservation and curation of the many games and worlds created with ZZT.
ZZT is a text-mode game from 1991 created by Tim Sweeney of Epic Games. ZZT has its own editor and scripting language which offers what may still be an unmatched level of accessibility to beginning game developers. A significant number of ZZT worlds were created by authors in their early teenage years, with some being made by children under 10. ZZT's simple ZZT-OOP scripting language gave many a friendly introduction to programming.
The goal of the Museum of ZZT site is to collect these worlds, offer discussions into them and the community built around them, and keep them safely preserved. It is the hope of the Museum that the generally unknown works of ZZT community can be easily discovered and that their importance can be recognized.
- Closer Look: Meet The Tardigrades! by Dr. Dos (Sept. 15, 2017)
- Closer Look: School ZZT by Dr. Dos (Sept. 4, 2017)
- Closer Look: Flower of Light by Dr. Dos (Aug. 31, 2017)
- Featured Game: Ana by Dr. Dos (Aug. 24, 2017)
- Closer Look: Fantasy World Dizzy by Dr. Dos (Aug. 18, 2017)
- Smiley Guy Advertisement by Al Payne
- Manor by Alan Zeman
- Fantasy by Neal Colonius
- Ezanya Hint Sheet by Neal Colonius
- Dungeons of ZZT Map by Tim Sweeney
- ZZT Syndromes reviewed by Dark-Star88 (5.0 / 5.0)
- Edible Vomit reviewed by Dark-Star88 (4.0 / 5.0)
- Ezanya reviewed by Dark-Star88 (4.0 / 5.0)
- The Maze of No Return reviewed by Dark-Star88 (0.0 / 5.0)
- Ruins of ZZT reviewed by l0nesomer0ad (5.0 / 5.0)
- Lyon reviewed by bitbot (5.0 / 5.0)
- Adventures of Link 2 reviewed by Commodore (5.0 / 5.0)
- The Maze of No Return reviewed by Tom Bowman (0.0 / 5.0)
- StaidSoft Mag #1 reviewed by (4.0 / 5.0)
- Human Extinct reviewed by Tom Bowman (3.0 / 5.0)