Stuck in a ZZT world? Trying to debug a game you're working on? ZZT has various built in cheats which may be able to help you out.
To open the cheat prompt, type a question mark. An area to enter text will appear in the sidebar, where any of these cheats may be entered. (They are not case-sensitive.)
- AMMO - Gives 5 ammo.
- TORCHES - Gives the player 3 torches.
- GEMS - Gives the player 5 gems.
- KEYS - Gives the player all 7 colored keys.
- HEALTH - Gives the player 50 health.
- DARK - Makes the room dark.
- -DARK - Removes darkness. This also clears a flag named "dark" if set.
- TIME - Gives the player 29 more seconds of time on boards with a time limit.
- ZAP - Replaces the tiles directly north, south, east, and west of the player with empties.
- +DEBUG - Activates debug mode, causing the world to be left in its current state when starting a new game. This also sets a flag named "debug". In addition ZZT will display the free memory available to it on the sidebar.
- +FLAG - Sets a flag. (ie +rope is equivalent to #set rope)
- -FLAG - Clears a flag. (ie -rope is equivalent to #clear rope)
Super ZZT Cheats
All of ZZT's cheats work in Super ZZT (excluding those related to torches/time/darkness as these do not exist in Super ZZT).
- +ZTEXT - Sets the custom counter to the text value. (ie +ZSTONES will make the HUD display a custom counter called STONES)
- Z - Increases the value of the custom counter by one.
Be aware that some worlds will try to detect cheating and may end your game.